Hanging Garden in Mumbai, Maharashtra
Location: Malabar Hill, Mumbai
Known for: Pherozeshah Mehta Gardens
Timings: 5:00 am to 9:00 pm
Entry Fee: Free
Camera shoot: Free
The Hanging Gardens are also known as Pherozeshah Mehta Gardens. They are located in Malabar Hill, opposite the Kamala Nehru Park and are very popular with children.
The Boot House or Old Woman’s Shoe, completely made up of stone, is another interesting feature that would make your visit a memorable one. Whether with family or alone, visitors will definitely have a great time amidst the serene surroundings of these beautiful gardens. Its well-maintained pathways are perfect for a jog or stroll around the park
A welcoming spot for kids, the garden is beautiful with a variety of flowers and well maintained greens all around. These gardens are also known as Pherozshah Mehta Gardens. It is also said that there is a huge reservoir underneath the gardens.
Attractions near the Hanging Gardens:
- Crawford Market
- Jehangir Art Gallery
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya
- Elephanta Caves
- Gateway of India
- Colaba Causeway
- Worli Fort
- Siddhivinayak Temple
- Kamla Nehru Park
- Haji Ali Dargah
- Marine Drive
- Nehru Planetarium
- Chowpatty Beach
- Capturing a lot of pictures. You will cherish them all.
- The water fountains put on during the evening add to the charm of the place.
- The bird’s eye view of Marine Drive and Chowpatty.
- A small playground for kids where they will get to enjoy some basic rides likes swing, slide, see-saw.
- Interesting animal shaped hedges and topiaries all around the park.
- A great place to capture a sunset view of the Arabian Sea.
- Well maintained pathways for a good stroll or jog around the park. Its a great place for morning walks.